Requisition Number: RAILR02978
The person in this position directly supervises up to ten employees in the Transportation Department and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. His or her responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems. This person oversees operations and administrative functions at an individual site/district location.
- Be responsible for managing the safety performance, operating practices, and financial productivity of the operation
- Be responsible for customer interface and monitoring the quality of service in accordance with the terms of any applicable contractual arrangements
- Assist in railcar-switching function as required
- Assume a leadership role in supervising crews, schedules, and personnel
- Maintain payroll within the targeted budget
- Conduct efficiency and operating tests according to company practices
- Conduct incident investigations (derailments, personal injury, etc.) and prepare associated reports
- Hire new employees to fill vacancies; train new employees in operating practices according to federal regulations and company policies; administer discipline as needed
- Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of work experience in the railroad industry, with supervisory duties; seven years of experience in the railroad industry a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of FRA regulations
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
- High school diploma, GED, or, an equivalent combination of work experience and education required
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree a plus
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.