We are looking for a talented BI & Analytics Data Architect Principal. This position is primarily based in Columbus, IN; however, due to COVID-19, this position is currently remote work until further notice. We do offer the opportunity to be considered for fully remote work
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
In this exciting role, you will have a strategic impact defining and implementing data architecture and strategies for longer term focus while also balancing the immediate needs. You will focus on key areas such as the strategic direction, data architecture, business processes, data modeling, data management, and governance for our Data Platform which supports data and information needs for BI, Analytics, and more.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have extensive and significant work experience in Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Data Management for Big Data, BI and Analytics areas. They will need to be well versed in data management and modeling techniques, familiar with current industry trends for BI, Analytics, and AI. They must have the ability to articulate data impacts as business scenarios. This individual will be able to understand the complexities of the organization, processes, information, and technologies then build future-state models to best realize the organization strategy.
- Stays current with emerging technologies as it relates to data and analytics
- Define and develop reusable data architecture deliverables, artifacts and building blocks (e.g. conceptual models, logical models, physical models, etc.). Candidates must be well versed in business processes and understand organizations complexities.
- Provides thought leadership, develops strategies and methods for analyzing and profiling data, and assists Data Analysts in the application of methods to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency.
- Applies high level analytical techniques on data sets to find patterns and anomalies in data sets.
- Uses data analysis results at all levels to provide recommendations and designs solutions to improve data management processes, reduce data redundancy and resolve data issues.
- Establishes and maintains data standards, best practices, processes, procedures and establishes and maintains capability roadmaps.
- Supports data and data governance audits within assigned domains; works proactively to identify and resolve compliance issues ahead of audit; ensures compliance to data governance requirements aligned with data owner and business objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively through data story telling leveraging data visualizations and other means.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
College, university or equivalent degree preferred or equivalent work experience in relevant technical discipline.
- Candidates are expected to have extensive and significant experience in Data Architecture and Modeling techniques and have experience with software such as Erwin or similar type data modeling software.
- Experience in Big Data datasets modeling, Data Warehouse data modeling and relational modeling is preferred.
- Experience in the Manufacturing data domain is desired.
- Candidates are expected to have significant experience in Data Quality practices and techniques; experience in Informatica DEI and DEQ are desired.
- Candidates are expected to have significant experience in Data Security techniques and have a working knowledge of Data Governance.
- Experience and knowledge working in an Azure environment - Azure Data Lake Store, Databricks, Hive, Azure Synapse, SQL DBs, Analysis Services, and Power BI is preferred.
- Experience in SQL, Python, Scala, and/or R coding language is preferred.
Amount of Travel Less Than 10%
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.