MARKETING SALES ASSISTANT - WTVM
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WTVM produces more than 45 hours of live local news programming every week. Viewers rate WTVM the most-watched local station for news, weather and sports coverage. Our local newscasts and severe weather coverage has earned the station several regional Emmy Awards. Only WTVM has “Alert Center Action Days“, called by our team of four full-time meteorologists whenever bad weather threatens. We warn viewers first, as much as 48 hours prior to a severe weather event, so families can stay safe in the storm.
Only WTVM consistently covers all major college sports teams in our market, including the Alabama Crimson Tide, The Georgia Bulldogs and the Auburn Tigers. Only WTVM travels to cover these teams through the college football playoff series and into the national championship game.
WTVM News Leader 9 is more than just the dominant local television station. WTVM is a leader in community projects benefiting our entire market area. Each year, WTVM hosts and promotes a variety of initiatives such as our Share Your Thanks by Giving Food Drive, our annual WTVM Toy Drive and our January Coat Drive in partnership with top local organizations such as Feeding the Valley and the Department of Children and Family Services to make sure the donations we collect go to those most in need.
In addition, WTVM routinely supports the American Red Cross with several Blood Saves Lives appointment setting drives for blood donations throughout the year.
WTVM also hosts various “Ask the Experts“ showcasing live, on-air panels for viewers to ask questions of tax experts and medical specialists, among others.
This is a fast-paced and rewarding career that requires graphic design and social media marketing experience, exceptional writing, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and time management. We offer the best training in the media industry to help all our employees succeed. The individual who will join our team is enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated, coachable, and has a positive attitude with a desire to learn and grow each day - if this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today!
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with sales staff, creative services, and digital content team to integrate and execute sponsored station promotions.
- Creatively write and post sponsored social media content that ensures client success and brand consistency.
- Using graphic design software, create engaging digital advertisements and landing pages for clients and sponsored station promotions.
- Monitor station promotions and digital marketing campaigns to ensure consistency, accuracy, and success.
- Develop client campaign performance presentations.
- Assist with campaign analytics tracking and digital marketing research.
- Collaborate with Account Executives and Sales Managers to develop digital marketing strategies that generate results.
- Provide administrative support to the Sales Team and Sales Managers.
- Excellent copy writing and communications skills.
- Graphic design experience. Photoshop, Canva, etc.
- Social media content management experience.
- Experience executing digital advertising campaigns including display, video, social and email marketing.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other digital marketing analytics tools.
- Proficient with Facebook, Instagram, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
◾ The successful candidate is extremely organized, works well under pressure, and understands how to prioritize and manage time wisely. They will have exceptional problem-solving ability, excellent communication skills, and integrity above reproach.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now“, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.