Title: Business Initiative Decision (BID) & Strategic Risk Program Manager
Terms of Hire: Full time.
Salary: $ 100 to 130 K /YR + Benefits
About the Job
The Business Initiative Decision (BID) & Strategic Risk Program Manager has overall responsibility to oversee the BID Program and execution of the components of strategic risk management including the Strategic Initiative Risk Assessment (SIRA) process and the quarterly processes associated with preparation of the strategic risk profile. This includes ensuring appropriate risk management practices are employed to reduce exposure and realize business objectives. The position has responsibility for activities consistent with Client ’s Risk Policies, Programs and procedures, to include providing highly specialized advice and consultation on current and emerging legal, regulatory, and risk issues. This position is also responsible sound judgement and appropriate and timely escalation of risk issues.
Under the direction of the Director, Enterprise & Operational Risk Management, this position is responsible for ensuring assigned activities comply with regulatory requirements, Client ’s Risk Management policies and program requirements. The candidate must be able to work independently, effectively manage a team in alignment with Client guidance and requirements of managers.
*This position can be located outside of Cleveland but must be able to come to Cleveland as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of professionals who work directly with the various Lines of Business and Support area, and across Lines of Defense on the BID Program, Strategic Initiative Risk Assessment, strategic risk profile and associated strategic risk activities.
- Ensure the ongoing development, execution and enhancement of programs and processes in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Management and oversight of the Strategic Risk Program, including the Client Corp Strategic Risk Profile and engagement with 1st and 2nd LOD stakeholders
- Management and oversight of the Business Initiative Program (BID), including daily activities & GRC BID application, reporting, program enhancements, and partnership with various 1st and 2nd LOD stakeholders
- Lead the annual assessment and documentation of the Strategic Initiative Risk Assessment process in coordination with various 1st and 2nd LOD partners as part of the July Strategic Planning process.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained for all the appropriate Strategic Risk and BID processes
- Monitor and assess proposed, new or amended legal and regulatory requirements as they relate to assigned business operations.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures are consistent with current applicable banking rules, regulations, and laws.
- Respond to internal and external audits, exams and requests for information. Assist in the evaluation of audit and examination findings and implementation of corrective action and needed responses.
- Escalates promptly to appropriate senior management or appropriate risk committee any material breaches of applicable laws, rules, policies or standards with actual or potential operational risk impact, and necessary correction action.
- Responsible for proactively identifying emerging risks and topics for assigned areas of responsibility
- Prepare and provide deliver training to risk and business partners Risk Management staff and others on regulatory matters, operational risk best practices and other industry best practices.
- Manage requirements related to the GRC application and risk assessment processes.
- Provide strong leadership, mentoring, and guidance to subordinates, and peers.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal clients, staff, peers, and LOB senior management.
- Maintain relationships with industry peers and regulatory bodies.
- Maintain an understanding of LOB and Executive Risk Profiles
- Keep abreast of new and emerging industry rules, regulations, best practices and trends.
- Effectively and professionally interact with senior management, regulatory agency personnel, internal legal counsel, internal risk review personnel as well as risk management peers.
- Develop department procedures to support governance monitoring processes and assist in the review, update and enhancement of risk management policies and procedure standards.
- Perform risk data analysis and/or develop customized reporting as requested.
- Assist with other asks as required to ensure team objectives are achieved, even where outside usual area of responsibility.
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- Min of 3-5 years of relevant industry/professional experience
- Extensive knowledge of assigned Line of Business along with the associated operations including the related rules and regulations of the financial services industry to include: OCC, FRB, State Law and other pertinent regulations.
- In-depth practical knowledge of risk management, internal controls, risk assessments, operational & compliance processes, and applicable techniques for implementation of regulatory, compliance and legal requirements and operational processes.
- Industry certifications a plus
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Supervisory or management experience
- Risk Management, Support Area or Line of Business experience
- Strong understanding of GRC
- Strong understanding of Client
You Will Enjoy:
- An opportunity to be a part of a great culture, an awesome team, a challenging work environment, and some fun along the way!
- Apply today to learn more and be part of our Growth story.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential and once shortlisted, our team will be in touch with you for further discussions.
This is a full time position