Under general supervision of the Field Sales Support Manager or Supervisor, supports sales associates with effective merchandising activities at jointly called on stores. Services medium and large accounts by applying merchandising standards, educating store personnel on optimal product assortment in order to maximize sales & profits, and providing stellar customer focus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for implementing company standards for store appearance and merchandise arrangement by working collaboratively with in-store personnel.
- Assists new customers in initial store set up and optimal merchandise stocking techniques.
- Evaluates current store stock level and replenishes inventory by placing actual orders or suggesting ordering quantities.
- Responsible for removing damaged and outdated merchandise from shelves; returns process administered for qualified stores.
- Actively involved in product relocation, store resets, and labeling for new and existing inventories.
- Merchandises specific categories within a store environment using planogram implementation in conjunction with analytical store-specific data.
- Serves as a front end consultant to customers when dealing with product placement and merchandising concepts.
- Utilizes ABC reporting data to gage product sales and ordering from DCs as well as generating tailored reports for store personnel on an as needed basis.
- Prepares Store Layout & Design drawings using Visio software for qualified customers.
- Records all store activities and observations into CRM.
- Maintains ongoing collaborative efforts and communications with Community & Specialty Pharmacy, Health Systems, and Business Development Sales teams.
- Attends District and Regional meetings, trainings, and tradeshows on an as needed basis.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree Program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires two (2) to four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Good selling skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Knowledge of ABC policies, programs & services and products
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to possibly travel 50% within assigned territory as well as other areas if needed.