At this time, we are seeking a Medication Aide to join our team!
- This is the job of the Medication Aide to administer oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical/vocational nurse.
- Follows current standards of hygiene, safety and infection control when handling, storing and disposing of medications.
- Administers medications within 60 minutes of scheduled time.
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
- Recognizes the resident's right to refuse medication.
- Notifies the appropriate RN/LPN when making the decision not to administer medication or treatment.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed nurse (RN/LPN).
- Monitors residents who self-administer medications and report deviation from the plan of care to the licensed or registered nurse.
- Secures medication cart.
- Removes discontinued, outdated or deteriorated drugs from inventory.
- Recognizes and reports unsafe conditions for medication provision.
- Accurately documents medication provision.
- Recognizes and reports general reactions to medications.
- Recognizes the limitations of the Medication Aide role.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a state approved nursing assistant training program and passed a state approved competency examination.
- Successful completion of a state approved Medication Aide course and is approved to administer oral and external medication.
- Ability to perform medication administration in accordance with state regulations.
- Strong communication skills.