Stocking Associates perform operational duties necessary to keep the Break Time clean and well stocked while following all company policies and procedures to ensure proper and efficient operation during the scheduled shift. They are energetic individuals who believe it only takes a moment to make your day better
MFA Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
As a Break Time Stocking Associate, a typical day might include the following:
- Merchandising and sales—perform all merchandising activities including proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, proper vendor check in, keep all merchandise stocked, clean, fronted, and faced (including the cooler); maintain store cleanliness
- Communication —maintain timely and professional communication with customers, vendors, other employees, and management as it relates to all aspects of the store operations
- Working closely with management—successfully complete company training programs; help train new employees on company policies and procedures
- Teamwork—work as a team to adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations
- Other duties as assigned
This job might be for you if you meet the following requirements:
- Friendly, customer service-oriented person who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and works well with others
- Flexible availability to work weekends and holidays
- Reliable transportation to work
- Physical ability to move and position products in the cooler with temperatures as low as 30 degrees for up to one hour, and to move and position products in the freezer with temperatures as low as 0 degrees
- Physical ability to both move and position yourself to move and retrieve products and supplies from shelves, under counters, or stacks of inventory weighing up to 50 pounds, and to remain in a stationary position (standing) for up to nine hours per shift
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to account for numbers of products during vendor check in
- Ability to occasionally ascend and descend ladders to handle inventory or products
- Ability to push a broom, and/or mop when cleaning. Must also be able to reach, bend, scrub, etc. when performing cleaning duties.
- Ability to perform these duties and others as assigned, with accuracy, and minimal supervision
All items shown above are requirements for the position. In addition, Break Time employees must be 18 years of age with legal authorization to work in the United States. All Break Time employees are expected to adhere to policies, procedures, and expectations by following company checklists, following posted work schedule and proper time recording procedures. Break Time employees must meet all company requirements, including successful pre-employment drug screening and criminal background checks, ability to exchange accurate information in English, and ability to visually observe and inspect items and work environment for regular job responsibilities and safety concerns.