Registered Nurse (RN) - PRN, Weekend Program
Nucleus Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) - PRN to join a prestigious academic health system in Columbia, MO, with an extensive benefits package.
Not only is the health system a top place to work in healthcare, but it also values the importance of work-life balance and professional growth for its employees. Take the next step in your career and thrive in an environment where you are respected, challenged, and offered endless opportunities to define your career path!
Benefits that matter.
- Paid-for tuition from the local top-rated university.- Up to 75% for you and 50% for spouses and children
- Retirement options including 100% match up to 8%
- 100% paid leave for parents and caregivers for up to four weeks – effective January 2024
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including mental wellness support.
- 4 Personal Days, 12 Sick Days, 17 PTO days for 0-5 years, and 22 PTO days for 5+ years
- Assess patient condition and nursing needs, set goals, and prescribe appropriate nursing actions to meet identified goals and the physical, psychological, social, and rehabilitative needs of the patient, to include discharge planning.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions in accomplishing goals and intended patient care outcomes. Work collaboratively with healthcare team in achieving these goals.
- Assess, intervene, and reassess the patient’s self-report of symptoms and pain promptly. Utilize appropriate methods/tools for assessment and reassessment. Demonstrate an understanding of medications with regard to action and side effects. Report pertinent information to appropriate leader or healthcare team member. Educate patients and family about their health care needs, medications, plan of care, discharge plan and follow-up care.
- Systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of clinical practice, analyzing appropriate internal and external data and information to identify opportunities to improve services and patient outcomes in collaboration with multi-disciplinary care team and key stakeholders. Incorporate research and evidence-based knowledge in the development of practice/process improvement initiatives. Assist with initiation of improvement initiatives and evaluation/assessment of program outcomes.
- Develop and design curriculum and program content based on identified and prioritized needs utilizing innovative and best practices. Ensure programs/materials are current, relevant, meet stated objectives and are compliant with regulatory and industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methodologies to enhance nursing/clinical programs, including but not limited to, instructor led simulation scenarios, role playing, online training, and blended learning to integrate concepts of adult learning into education.
- May complete unit/department specific duties as outlined in department documents.
Missouri Board of Nursing RN or Nurse Licensure Compact multistate RN. When primary state of residency changes, compact state RNs must apply under new state of residency within thirty (30) days.
Nucleus Healthcare is a staffing and recruitment agency partnering with top-tier facilities and organizations to deliver quality candidates seeking meaningful employment. We have permanent placement and long-contract jobs nationwide in nursing, allied health, healthcare operations and hospitality, and life sciences. Our vision of redefining how healthcare does business fuels our mission to empower the people who power healthcare. Connect with a Nucleus recruiter today!
Not ready to apply?
Join the Nucleus Network!