Nucleus Healthcare is seeking a Perioperative Assistant to join a prestigious academic health system in Columbia, MO, with an extensive benefits package.
Not only is the health system ranked as one of Becker’s Hospital Review’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare for three consecutive years, but it also values the importance of work-life balance and professional growth for its employees. Take the next step in your career and thrive in an environment where you are respected, challenged, and offered endless opportunities to define your career path!
To provide a consolidation of multi-task perioperative/operating room support through surgical prep assistance, operating room setup, transport of the surgical patient, maintenance and ordering of supplies, inventory management and stocking of instruments, cleaning, and inventory of operating room supplies, and housekeeping tasks.
- Appropriately tag and remove faulty equipment and return repaired equipment.
- Assess daily supply inventory and order daily or as directed.
- Assist Anesthesia by running for supplies, cleaning mouth gags, re-supplying carts with supplies, and positioning patients.
- Assist the staff nurse in patient care.
- Initiates action in emergencies (including CPR).
- Maintained daily sterilizer logs, cidex logs, and run chemical and biological indicators.
- Maintenance, ordering, and correct usage of housekeeping supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform pre/post-surgical needs for patients.
- Pre/Post procedure cleaning of operating rooms, including soiled linen, trash collection, and disposal, including proper disposal of biohazard materials.
- Prepare equipment and supplies for use in Perioperative areas.
- Produce the annual inventory of O.R. equipment and supplies.
- Provide comfort measures for patients by providing them blankets and raising bed side-rails.
- Pull add-on and next-day cases as directed.
- Routine daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning of floors, walls, room furniture, and equipment.
- Stock rooms and warmers with supplies daily or as directed.
- Store equipment and supplies correctly.
- Transport surgical specimens, blood, blood products, cultures, non-narcotic medications, supplies, and requisitions as needed.
- Transportation of patient and patient's belongings.
- May complete unit/department-specific duties as outlined in department documents.
High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities can be acquired.
One (1) year of experience working in a health care environment or patient care experience. Additional license/certification requirements as determined by the hiring department.
Nucleus Healthcare is a staffing and recruitment agency partnering with top-tier facilities and organizations to deliver quality candidates seeking meaningful employment. We have permanent placement and long-contract jobs nationwide in nursing, allied health, healthcare operations and hospitality, and life sciences. Our vision of redefining how healthcare does business fuels our mission to empower the people who power healthcare. Connect with a Nucleus recruiter today!
Not ready to apply?
Join the Nucleus Network!