Clinical Laboratory Assistant II
Nucleus Healthcare is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Assistant || to join a prestigious academic health system in Columbia, MO, offering an extensive benefits package.
Not only is the health system a top place to work in healthcare, but it also values the importance of work-life balance and professional growth for its employees. Take the next step in your career and thrive in an environment where you are respected, challenged, and offered endless opportunities to define your career path!
Benefits that matter.
- Paid-for tuition from the local top-rated university.
- Up to 75% for you and 50% for spouses and children
- Retirement options including 100% match up to 8%
- 100% paid leave for parents and caregivers for up to four weeks – effective January 2024
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including mental wellness support.
- 4 Personal Days, 12 Sick Days, 17 PTO days for 0-5 years, and 22 PTO days for 5+ years
- Performs various preanalytical laboratory work, including ordering, collecting, processing, and distributing samples for analysis.
- Follow all established specimen collection, labeling, transportation, and handling procedures. Adhere to CAP, CLIA, and DNV standards.
- Use the proper supplies and equipment to perform venipuncture, capillary collections, urine, and other body fluid collection types.
- Contribute positively to department quality measures and goals.
- Process and deliver specimens to the appropriate location.
- Prepare and package samples for shipment to the reference laboratory.
- Order requested tests in the laboratory computer system, back order tests as needed, and acquire appropriate ICD-10 codes.
- Assist health care providers with ordering, and utilizing the resources available.
- Manage communication with a variety of stakeholders in and outside the hospital setting.
- Serve as a resource for new staff.
- Perform waived testing according to the procedure.
- Performs and documents quality control results as needed.
- Ability to take calls as assigned. Provide weekend and holiday shift coverage, and assist with staffing multiple laboratory sites as needed.
- May complete unit/department-specific duties and expectations as outlined in department documents.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities can be acquired.
- Six (6) months of laboratory experience in one of the following areas: phlebotomy, processing specimens, laboratory aide, or completion of comparable medical training program; or sixty (60) hours of college coursework with twenty-four (24) hours of approved science courses.
Nucleus Healthcare is a staffing and recruitment agency partnering with top-tier facilities and organizations to deliver quality candidates seeking meaningful employment. We have permanent placement and long-contract jobs nationwide in nursing, allied health, healthcare operations and hospitality, and life sciences. Our vision of redefining how healthcare does business fuels our mission to empower the people who power healthcare. Connect with a Nucleus recruiter today!
Not ready to apply?
Join the Nucleus Network!