Responsible for building maintenance, preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repairs including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting and life safety systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair building systems including plumbing, mechanical, HVAC and electrical systems. Ensures all work performed meets required safety codes. Report modifications and repairs into CMMS for Chief's review. Operate HVAC systems and make adjustments to building automation systems (BAS or EMS or ATC).
- Monitor agreed upon responsibilities of subcontractors performing maintenance or repairs. Quality Control (QC) of subcontractors performing maintenance or repairs.
- Perform the duties of a Building Technician II as required.
- Maintain all tools, parts and supplies in an organized manner. Inform the Chief Engineer of any needs for replacement, restocking or repair of items.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional vocational coursework in HVAC, electricity, plumbing or other relevant areas preferred.
- Universal CFC certified.
- State Certified Journeyman's license or equivalent.
- MD 1st grade stationary license -or equivalent if required in another state; preferred
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience working as a technician in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, plumbing or mechanical.
- Basic PC skills and ability to learn company specific software.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing software programs.
- Proficiency in automated work order systems preferred.
- Ability to routinely perform 24-hour on call and off hour duty including evenings, weekends and holidays and to respond to emergency situations on a 24-hour on-call basis.
- Proficient knowledge and troubleshooting capability of all types of commercial building systems.
- Must be able to read trade related electrical, mechanical and plumbing drawings and internal wiring schematics.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with tenants, suppliers and other technicians.
- Knowledge of energy management systems and building VAV systems.
- May be required to carry and maintain appropriate government credentials.