Our claims department is seeking a Property Regional Adjuster to join our growing team in Colorado.
Fully responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and resolution of specialty claims which are the most complex in coverage and represent the company's largest damage exposures. The claims could originate anywhere in the country and often require field consultation, field investigation and providing a high level of technical expertise to many professionals throughout the country. Specialty claims include but are not limited to large property, workers compensation, PIP and casualty exposures including employment-related practices, sexual offense, professional liability, extra contractual cases, advertising injury, reinsurance, toxic tort and environmental claims.This is a full-time, exempt role.
- Must possess or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits.
- Works with high authority limits on assignments reflecting a very high degree of technical complexity and coordination.
- Possesses a high and extensive level of technical knowledge and skills including product and industry.
- Negotiate settlements, mitigate losses, and control expenses on our company's largest losses.
- Maintain a high level of communication with leadership.
- Responsible to provide consultation and participation in the development of large claim strategies handled by both independent and staff adjusters.
- May co-adjust cases to facilitate learning and to impact file.
- Recognized as the company consultant in a field providing technical guidance, assistance, and training to lower level associates.
- May have regional, zone or company-wide scope.
- May be subject matter expert (SME) to coordinate consistent countrywide handling of specific large losses.
- Required to have and maintain sufficient home-based internet connection.
- Typically has 8-10 years professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner.
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives. Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups.
- Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law.
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc.).
- Proficient using Claims systems (i.e. CSS, PMS, etc.).Physical demands & work environment:
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.“
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.