Requisition Number: TRUSS02674
The Outside Sales Representative (OSR) will work with and service established customer base along with developing new customer accounts through cold calls and other means to support Truss sales. The ideal candidate will perform material take-offs for clients to estimate merchandise and material needs as required to complete the sales process. The OSR will Develop and expand Clients to increase Company sales and profits.
INTENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATION
This job description describes the duties and responsibilities, qualification requirements, physical demands, work environment, etc. for this job. Duties may be combined with other jobs or duties from other jobs depending upon operational circumstances. Management reserves the right to add, modify or end any of the duties contained in the job description as future business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the Job. Other duties may be assigned. Performance Appraisal (PA) measurements are noted in brackets [___].
1. Utilizing the skills learned in Maximizing Sales Results, develop new client accounts for Company through cold calls, working potential customer lists, contacting subcontractors in the area, contacting companies who previously rejected proposals, etc. Negotiate pricing levels according to Company directions to encourage business dealings with the Company. [PA: Enlarge Company's client base.]
2. Achieve annual sales and gross profit plan for assigned accounts as reported on the Client Dashboard Reporting System. [ Meet or exceed sales plan].
3. Service clients utilizing the FG Sales Call Process to build mutually beneficial relationships that establishes Foxworth-Galbraith as the clients preferred provider. Service current clients by responding to client needs for merchandise and concerns regarding merchandise quality, delivery status, credit limits, etc. Client contact may be in person or over the telephone. Recommend appropriate price level for each client to General Manager or Sales Manager. Recommend new products for client use. [PA: Maintain positive relations with current clients and increase business with these accounts.]
4. Obtain current information on client to complete “Fact Sheet” and monitor client’s economic condition. Assist in the collection of past due accounts payable up to 60 days out. [PA: Ensure Company receives payments due from client on a timely basis.]
5. Perform material take-offs for clients to estimate merchandise and material needs as required and according to Company directions. Maintain a refund ratio of less than 5% for all client accounts. [PA: Accurately estimate materials needed and add-on merchandise as appropriate.]
6. Report market activity to management by monitoring and analyzing competitor’s price list and products. Make product recommendations for inclusion in Company product line. [PA: Proactively recommend adjustments to current product line and pricing to remain competitive in the local market.]
7. Attend and participate in all Company sponsored training programs as required. Comply with all Company safety and Personal Protective Equipment policies and procedures. [PA: Satisfactory participation, retention and application of training program subjects.]
8. Perform any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned. [PA: Efficient completion of assigned duty, responsibility or task.]
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver's license of the appropriate type and class issued by the state of residence to operate a Company vehicle (if assigned; temporarily or permanently) is required. Furthermore, the driver's record must be acceptable to the Company's insurance carrier and must conform to all restrictions listed on the license in order to operate any Company vehicle.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITES
Excellent interpersonal, communication, sales and Customer Service skills are necessary. Knowledge of building materials products and lumber highly desirable or required as determined by General Manager or Sales Manager. Ability to operate computer equipment and applicable programs is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Associate may occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek and encourage a diversity of skills, talents and viewpoints in our workplace.