Description of Duties:
Senior Storage Engineer supports the
Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for
Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Provide support toprojects and engineering teams
- Manage virtualizedenvironments and storage solutions for the enterprise
- Support the build outand maintenance of specialized, complex integration and Research, Test, andDevelopment Environments (RTD&E).
- Responsible forinstalling system software, maintenance, and break fix activities for allstorage solutions
- Responsible for projectplanning, design, and determining future architectural storage requirements
- Install, configure, andtroubleshoot Storage Solutions, Linux or Windows servers, workstation andperipheral configurations in a VMWare virtualized environment
- Installation andconfiguration of mid-sized Sun Solaris servers, disk array management, tapelibraries, and associated peripherals
- Review and analyzeappropriate system logs for performance and behavior anomalies, determinenegative trends, and develop recommended corrective actions.
- Coordinate actions andefforts as needed with appropriate team members, internal and external teams,customers, stakeholders and leaders to effectively execute tasks, solveproblems and develop solutions with minimal to no mission Impact.
- Other duties asassigned.
This position will be filled at
Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been
selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate
is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and
year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the
position. The selected candidate will be
assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies:
HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
Must have one of the following
combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 12 years of
general experience; Associateâs degree and 10 years of general experience;
Bachelorâs degree and 8 years of general experience; Masterâs degree and 6
years of general experience.
- Must have 6 yearsrelated experience in designing and implementing database structures,automating DBA tasks or with data modeling and schema design. AND One relevantindustry certification at the professional or expert level
- Must have a current DoD8570.01M IAT Level II certification
- Must have an active DoDSecret Security Clearance
- Experience with VMWareenvironments
- Experience with VirtualConnect, SAN management, and NetBackup a plus