Exercising full authority and responsibility over the IH&L Business Development department, this position manages all aspects of business development activities, from identification and strategic pursuit of customers, opportunity identification and qualification, capture planning, allocation of business development resources, and negotiations. This position maintains the highest level of integrity and ethics compliance, while supporting the culture and values of Ho-Chunk, Inc. through policies and processes.
- Develops and executes strategies for lead generation, capture process, pricing and all other matters related to acquiring new business.
- Identifies and analyzes industry spending trends and develops strategies and implementation plans to pursue capture of new business.
- Leads and directs efforts on key opportunities and manages the capture process.
- Provides market feedback to company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generation of ideas for future growth.
- Maximizes business development opportunities and identifies new customer opportunities and leads efforts to acquire new contract vehicles; works through operations when using current contract vehicles.
- Directs business development initiatives that are consistent with the company's overall strategy and in alignment with core capabilities. Accountable to ensure that all responses to customer requirements accurately represent the capabilities, mission, and philosophy of the company.
- Leads the Business Development team according to company policy and procedures including professional development of staff while ensuring necessary resources are available for successful performance of duties.
- Leads internal teams from multiple departments to create successful responses to customer requirements using excellent organization, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones while managing multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Exhibits the highest level of integrity and ethics compliance while supporting the culture and values of the organization through policies and processes. Holds staff accountable for integrity and ethics in all business matters.
- Quickly develops a thorough understanding of the Ho-Chunk Inc. corporate mission and philosophy and the various business entities under the Ho-Chunk Inc. family.
- Ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business
- Fosters teamwork and builds collaborative relationships
- Empowers others
- Ability to develop others
- Manages performance
- Influencing others
- Information gathering
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic thinking
- Stress management
This position oversees the day-to-day activities of the Capture team.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Prefer 10-15+ years' experience identifying, developing, and winning contracts with DOD Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government.
- Must provide examples, including data, of “win rates“, multiple contract award “wins“ with branches of the U.S. Military or Agencies of the Federal Government, details of the entire process you managed end-to-end, and multiple “wins“ ranging in size from $5-150M+.
- Prefer 10-15+ years' successful business development experience including leading Teams of multiple BD and Capture professionals over 3-5+ year periods with past employers.
- Exhibits mastery of the process of defining overall business development strategy, development of a variety of “right-size“ opportunity pipelines, definition of stair-stepping tactics to achieve higher objectives, and analysis of the financial aspects of “deals“ to determine “fit“ and suitability.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills required for effective communication up-and-down the org.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of, and a good understanding of federal acquisition regulations.
- Able to articulate and perform with a thorough understanding of Federal acquisition processes as both a prime contractor and subcontractor, including the special benefits of the 8(a) Tribal entity in the Federal Contracting environment.
- Bachelors' in Business Administration or related field degree preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- PMP certification preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working with Native American companies and/or projects
None required for this position
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
- Pay Type Salary
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA