Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Required Clearance: Secret
ITEC is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our team. The qualified candidate will operate in a fast pace, rapid response environment supporting Cyber Security efforts for satellite ground systems and other Air Force related programs. The candidate will work closely with system engineers, development, test, and on-site user support personnel to evaluate system updates, analyze and resolve Cyber Security-related system issues, maintain assessment and authorization artifacts, and ensure project objectives are met.
- Identify and generate Cyber Security-related issues affecting system(s) and representing those issues at weekly and monthly Change Management (CM) Boards.
- Collaborate with system engineers, developers, systems administrators, and testers to troubleshoot Cyber Security-related issues.
- Participate in Government Contract Studies and generate highly-technical documents that are presented to Government personnel.
- Conduct Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) activities for production and development labs.
- Prepare and present technical documentation and reports to government and military officials.
- Utilize various Cyber Security tools to identify and evaluate vulnerabilities and security posture of various system(s).
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field.
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification required.
- Minimum of 4 years of Cyber Security experience in a DoD Classified environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Group Policy Objects (GPO), Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), patch management, host-based security, intrusion detection, security event management and defense-in-depth.
- Experience with security audit techniques, testing, and tools such as:
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions (ACAS).
- Candidate must be self-motivated, extremely proactive in day-to-day activities.
- Candidate must be able to articulate highly technical concepts orally and in written forms both internally to the team as well as externally to customer and users.
- Candidate must have experience utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of products.
Since 1999, ITEC has maintained a strong and reputable presence in support of DoD and Intelligence community mission-critical programs.
We are proud of our amazing Company culture. At ITEC, we take excellent care of our employees with competitive salaries, an employee care program and a great benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 401k with a 4% match (immediate vesting), Short / Long term Disability and Life Insurance.
We invite you to learn more about ITEC at www.teamitec.com. Join us - we are always seeking exceptional talent to join our ITEC Team.