PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for new team members to join our exciting business. At PPRO, we empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions, while always raising the bar. Therefore, a successful team members will also be one who thrives in this work environment.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d like to hear from you!
We are currently looking for a Risk Analyst in our Cologne office to support in the daily operational risk tasks such as chargebacks, bank recalls and transaction monitoring. You will be point of contact for banks and payment providers for incidents around risk, fraud and chargebacks and you will be working closely together with our Compliance team as well ensuring continued compliance to AML regulations. You will be part of our Risk team composed by 2 passionate Risk professionals located in Cologne, reporting directly to the Head of Risk.
Your main mission
- Monitor business systems and identify and report violations of risk limits
- Analyse cases / alerts, review risk factors and compile reports that propose a conclusion and plan of action for remediating risks
- Analyse findings and assist in implementing recommended measures
- Analyse and respond to risk queries and concerns (such as bank recalls and inquiries from providers and regulators)
- Identify areas of concerns and suggest actions items
- Undertake Transaction Monitoring to identify high risk transactions and take subsequent action such as suspending service whenever necessary
- Propose new techniques and technologies for risk analysis and management and participate in process improvement
- Reporting to the Team Lead and assist in developing and maintaining automated and streamlined processes that are consistent with PPRO policies and strategy
- Contribute to the continuous growth of PPRO
- Work on special projects and assignments as necessary
Who are you
- You have a University degree in Finance, Risk, Economics or related
- You are knowledgable in the field of operational risk management (advantageous)
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated analytical, numerical and critical thinking skills
- Commercial awareness and ability to understand broader business issues
- You have a motivated and engaged personality, who enjoys working as part of a team and is extremely reliable
- Eager to develop a good understanding of online payments, the related regulations and the resulting underwriting processes
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment, as well as independently
- Self-motivated, organised and results-oriented, with proven ability to work and execute with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience performing in a process-oriented environment that changes periodically
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.