Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Scrum Master Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC363959
Category: Information Technology
Pay Type: Exempt
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80921
Harrison, Arkansas 72601
Lakeland, Florida 33801
As Scrum Master, you play a key role in the definition, development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of Agile practices (with an emphasis on Scrum) within the organization. You will facilitate sprint planning, retrospective, and daily activities related to stand-ups and sprint burn down; as well as maintain relevant metrics that help the team see and understand their progress during a sprint. In this role you'll own and resolve identified impediments. As Scrum Master you're responsible for leading the continual Agile transformation and practices as well as promoting accountability and transparency across all levels of the organization.
1. Perform the role of scrum master for one or more teams, leading multiple, simultaneous initiatives of complex programs / release trains.
2. Practices the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, accountability, and practices continuous improvement.
3. Facilitates sprint demos, planning, and retrospectives.
4. Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress.
5. Provide status reporting on key performance indicators (KPIS), schedule, resources, and milestone delivery.
6. Support and educate product owners, especially in regard to developing, refining and managing product backlog.
7. Provides coaching of team members, product owners, product development team, other scrum masters and pm community.
8. Strong mediation and negotiation skills.
9. Coach, mentor, and support other scrum masters that will be assigned teams in iterative product development, including following the scrum framework, communicating effectively, managing conflict amongst team members, identifying and removing impediments, and applying self-organization and shared leadership with the team.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or business administration and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or business environment. A related advanced degree may offset the experience requirements.
Job Specific Duties
- Coach, mentor, and support other Scrum Masters that will be assigned to teams in iterative product development, including following the Scrum Framework, communicating effectively, managing conflict amongst team members, identifying and removing impediments, and applying selforganization and shared leadership with the team
- Strong leadership, time management, and conflict resolution skills
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for one or more teams, leading multiple, simultaneous initiatives or complex programs / release trains
- Facilitates sprint demos, planning, and retrospectives
- Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Provide status reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs), schedule, resources, and milestone delivery
- Support and educate Product Owners, especially in regard to developing, refining and managing product backlog
Skills Knowledge considered a Plus
- Provides coaching of team members, Product Owners, Product Development Team, other Scrum Masters and PM community
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with the SAFe Agile Scrum framework (SAFE 4.0 & above)
- Able to demonstrate experience leading high tech development teams and increasing effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
- Practices the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, accountability, and practices continuous improvement
- Strong mediation and negotiation skills
- SAFe Certifications (SAFe Scrum Master, Leading SAFe)
- Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Let Multiple Teams in Agile/SAFe methodology
This position can also be domiciled anywhere within the United States based on business needs.
Relocation assistance may be provided based on business needs.
Application Deadline / Criteria:
To be considered for this opening, upload current copy of Resume to include beginning and ending dates for each employer/position and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on May11, 2021.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.