The Culinary Services department at the College of Saint Benedict invites applications for the full time (0.85 FTE) benefit eligible position of Dish Room Operator.
The Dish Room Operator directs and participates in operations, maintenance, sanitation and cleaning of the dish room. This position will also be responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the disk room, as well as waste areas, coolers, freezers and hoods.
Typical schedule: FULL TIME/0.85 FTE: 4 days/week, Monday – Friday and every other weekend during the academic year and when classes are in session. Primary shifts are 3pm-11pm with every other weekend 1pm-9pm shifts, during the academic year and when classes are in session. Shifts are typically 7.5 hours per day with a typical work week being 37.5 hours. Shift times may vary based on the needs of the operation. There may be some flexibility in shift start times.
During the summer, this position will work during high guest activity in the department, averaging 20-30 hours per week. There may be an opportunity to work in other areas over the summer in order to accumulate additional hours.
The College of Saint Benedict (CSB) is a liberal arts college for women located in the central lakes area of Minnesota. The campus is minutes away from St. Cloud, an increasingly diverse regional center with a population of over 100,000, and 70 miles from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Some CSB staff choose to reside locally, while others commute from the Twin Cities. Both St. Cloud and the Twin Cities offer a wide range of fine arts, cultural, dining, recreational, and sporting opportunities.
Culinary Services represents more than 100 years of hospitality, stewardship and service to our campus community and daily visitors. Our staff takes great care in providing exceptional dining and event experiences striving every day to be the leader in our industry. To learn more about our campus community and the services we provide, please visit Culinary Services and Events & Catering.
CSB is a Catholic college in the Benedictine tradition enlivened by values of community, hospitality, stewardship, and justice. The college is dedicated to cultivating an equitable, inclusive community founded on respect for all persons. Students, staff and faculty from many diverse belief systems and backgrounds collectively bring a rich dimension to the academic, cultural, and religious experience at CSB. Learn more in our Statement on Diversity and in our brochure regarding Higher Education in the Catholic and Benedictine Tradition.
With a total enrollment of approximately 1700 students, CSB has a unique coordinate partnership with Saint John's University (SJU), a liberal arts college for men. CSB and SJU are committed to the holistic transformational development of women and men within the context of a unified, coeducational experience. All students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to experience and engage with the two institutions.
CSB offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program.
- Assembles/disassembles/maintains and cleans dish machine, conveyor, carousel, and carts. Removes/exchanges garbage and pig barrels as needed.
- Monitors sights/sounds of dish machine, proper wash/rinse temperature and proper levels of soap and rinsing agent. Replenishes supplies for dish room and reports any equipment problems to manager.
- Trains/directs student workers on removal of trash and dishes from carousel, loading the dish machine, sorting dishes, sorting silverware, and returning clean dishes to proper locations. Will also be expected to be proficient in these tasks and set the pace.
- Responsible for proper order/timing of pot and pan washing. Washes and returns pots, pans, dishes, cups, glasses, silverware, etc. from bakery/retail, kitchen, and station areas, and catered events to proper area.
- Responsible for deep cleaning of dish room and equipment on weekends and student breaks.
- Sweeps and mops cooler/freezer floors, according to schedule.
- Responsible for cleaning hoods in both the front of the house and back of the house, according to schedule.
- Cleans fans, drain wells and drains, according to schedule.
- Attends in-service and meetings as required.
- Observes and implements safety and sanitation procedures
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and follow directions.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position. Ability to occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation. Tolerate temperature and humidity fluctuations and loud noise levels.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
To Apply: Applications are accepted online by clicking on “Apply“ above. Applicants should complete the full application. The submission of a cover letter and resume is optional.
If you require special accommodations to participate in the College of Saint Benedict hiring process, please contact us at (320) 363-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of CSB and SJU to conduct pre-employment background checks. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer