Texas A&M Engineering
TEES Army Futures Command
Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
Under general supervision of the Director of Testing for the Innovation Proving Ground (IPG) located at the RELLIS Campus, the Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) Engineer will focus on the use of synthetic environments (AR/VR) to support both the IPG and the I2E2 process by virtualizing the minimum viable products (MPVs) when necessary to represent systems or components of systems to an interactive group of SMEs, soldiers, and/or cadets. This engineer will also advise the use of this technology to support platform research. These duties involve multiple projects in a matrixed fashion spanning the Texas A&M Experiment Station (TEES), the Texas A&M College of Engineering (COE) and other external partners across differing technology domains. Provides direct support to the TEES Army Futures Command (AFC) strategic effort and all other testing activities performed as a service.
- Master's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PhD degree in Architecture or Computer Science or related field
- Three years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Experience with building AR/VR products or infra from ideation to shipping.
- Comfortable working with a variety of personnel (e.g., staff, faculty, staff engineers and scientists, administrators, military personnel, etc.)
- Demonstrated initiative and teamwork
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
The position must meet export control requirements without additional licensure per System Policy 15.02.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.