ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the general operation and a basic maintenance of the auto scale.
- Performs manual scaling at the reweigh station, including general operation and basic maintenance.
- Constant repetition of stacking boxes weighing 45-50 pounds on pallets which are segregated by product code
- Assists with rework by either repairing the cases or identifying cases for return.
- Assures inventory accuracy by submitting daily scale adjustment reports.
- Rotates stock as required.
- Operates forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently.
- Loads trucks both with equipment and by hand which vary in weight up to 50 pounds per case.
- Ability to fill customer orders accurately using Telxon equipment.
- Keep area clean by performing daily general sanitation.
- Reports shipping problems or concerns to Supervisor of Lead Person immediately.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove It test
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Valid forklift and pallet jack license or ability to obtain a license
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Ability to learn new procedures, i.e. bar code scanner, equipment, stacking grids
- Familiarity with computer system
- Ability to work variable hours and excellent attendance required
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.