EVIS SORTER - DAYS
Cold Spring, MN
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Accurately sorts birds and viscera at a rate up to 35 BPM
- Identifies birds and viscera for condemnable conditions such as septic, air sacs, IP, etc…
- Give directions to Trimmers regarding conditions such as IP, air sac, contamination etc. to be sent to the Salvage Line
- Instruct Trimmers to hang back birds which require additional inspection by Pilgrims Leadership or USDA Inspectors
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- This position may include other duties as directed by Leadership
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Passing score on a written exam is required
- Ability to verbally communicate
- Ability to communicate through hand signals with the Trimmers
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent attendance required.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.