To be fully engaged in providing Quality / No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by: providing superior quality, competitive value and outstanding service through transports of patients in a timely and safe manner, working as a team member to achieve goals and objectives of the department.
- Provide safe patient transport and errand services in a timely manner while providing a courteous and professional service and appearance.
- Ensures safety of equipment used for all transports. Reports all safety and equipment issues to management or to floor supervisor for action.
- Identifies all patients for transport utilizing the two patient identifiers and confirming with patient armband as per hospital policy.
- Confirms completed hand off communication is transported with all patients to all testing and treatment areas.
- Maintain cleanliness of transport equipment
- Responsible for delivery of items to patient care and ancillary areas per established delivery process.
- Proper and professional use of Vocera communication procedures.
- Utilization of appropriate Clinical Transport phone systems to efficiently transport patients.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare provider completion card prior to start date and maintain.