The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital (SSRRH) is located in the heart of Northern California's famous wine country, just 50 miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes from the beautiful Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care services to the residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years, SSRRH has 135 licensed beds and serves a population of more than 130,000 people. Centers of excellence include: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Women's and Children's Services, and Level III NICU.
Both independently and under supervision, performs a variety of patient care activities including EKG testing for Inpatients, Outpatients and pediatric patients. Performs Treadmill testing, cardiac monitoring, medical gas support. Understands and utilizes proper lifting equipment and demonstrates appropriate ergonomics for patient and employee safety.
High School education or equivalent required. Medical terminology preferred. License background in Medical Assisting, Certified Nursing Assistant or EMT or equivalent patient care experience is required. The ability to read and write English and to make basic arithmetic calculations at a level for successful job performance. Current AHA CPR/BLS certification required.
· Some knowledge of modern Radiology equipment and techniques.
· Knowledge of patient care, transport, and hospital procedures.
· Knowledge of EKG and Treadmill testing.
· Ability to administer emergency first-aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
· Ability to follow oral and written directions.
· Working knowledge of clinical practices and procedures, business English and arithmetic, and medical terminology.
At least 1 year of clinical work experience in a medical facility (either hospital or medical office).