Requisition Number: EHSMA01501
The EH&S Manager is responsible for driving Environmental Health and Safety compliance, while building cross functional relationships and facilitating a behavioral based culture.
- Ensure company compliance with all applicable EHS Regulations.
- Practice transparent compliance by utilizing EHS walk-arounds, corrective action logs, risk assessments and behavioral based safety observations.
- Implement, educate and maintain policies, practices, and programs associated with all phases of occupational safety, health, accident prevention, and environmental compliance.
- Lead employee near miss, corrective action, incident investigation, root cause discovery and reporting efforts. Ensure cross communication with sister sites.
- Manage EH&S training programs including but not limited to Emergency Action and Fire Prevention, Hazard Communication, GHS, Process Safety Management, Lockout/Tagout, Storage and Disposal of Regulated Waste,
- Recommend, develop and implement programs geared toward near miss reduction, zero incident and risk mitigation efforts.
- Provide timely new product/process reviews via the Workflow System and actively participate in Management of Change efforts.
- Create strong and effective Hazardous Waste Operations/Spill Response Team. Serve as site's Incident Commander.
- Bachelor degree with focus in safety or environmental science.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in an Safety role.
- Specific knowledge and experience in local, state and federal regulations relating to safety & environmental issues.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment, PSM environment. Chemical plant experience is a plus.
- ASP, CSP, CIH or CHMM preferred.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Change leader