Sr. Mgr, Critical Capabilities
Are you passionate about building teams that help customers design highly resilient cloud applications to ensure their business success? Would you like to do that incorporating the latest in cloud technologies? We’re looking for proven team builders to help develop thought leaders that understand business implications of application architectures, are comfortable engaging at all levels of customer organizations (engineers though the CxO), and advising AWS Service teams.
You will be part of a culture of innovation where you’ll use AWS services to help our customers solve some of their most challenging technical hurdles with respect to Critical Capabilities, such as Application Resiliency. You’ll need a solid understanding of application resiliency best practices and how AWS services can be leveraged to strengthen resiliency. You will also work with AWS service teams to understand and build on those best practices.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
· 10+ years’ experience leading technical teams in any of the following areas: Application Resilience, Solutions Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Application Architecture, DevOps, Technology Architecture, Cloud Auditing, Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, High Availability, Database Engineering, Software Engineering, Replication, or Clustering
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study
· Passion for leading diverse teams
· 10+ years’ experience leading technical teams architecting, engineering, mitigating, or migrating applications in the cloud; particularly in AWS
· One or more AWS certifications
· Demonstrated thought leadership through public speaking and/or publishing
· Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.