MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Plant Superintendent with coal or hard rock processing plant experience for a recently acquired metallurgical coal mine in Colorado. Our client is a publicly traded owner operator in the coal mining industry with a pipeline of projects spanning multiple geographic locations and a robust team that is deeply rooted in the industry.
The successful Plant Superintendent will oversee the processing plant of an exciting metallurgical coal operation in Colorado that possesses an initial 25 year life of mine and over 680 millions tonnes of resource. As the operation ramps up and grows, this individual will play a key leadership role in the growth and oversight of 4+ crews ensuring the plant’s processes, equipment, and systems are operating at an optimal level in order to achieve safety, production, cost, and recovery targets.
- Ensure production targets are achieved through effective supervision, planning, organization, and monitoring of performance
- Authorize major repairs or modifications and prepare annual maintenance budget
- Manage the acquisition and maintenance of equipment
- Oversee manpower and contractor operations and ensure they abide by corporate and state safety standards and approved maintenance operation plans
- Report any incidents, damages, workplace hazards, etc.
- Promote and be involved with the site safety standards and procedures
- Deliver timely and accurate reports as required
- Lead production team in the daily operation of the plant
- Implement effective and efficient systems and procedures
- 7+ years of progressive experience in mill operations
- Experience running a hard rock processing plant - coal plant experience is considered a major asset
- Solid working knowledge of milling methods and procedures
- Post-secondary degree in mineral processing, metallurgy, or chemical engineering, or a trades background as a Millwright or Electrician
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be willing to relocate to Colorado as this is not a rotational/fly-in, fly-out position – our client will assist with relocation if required
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment