At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
- Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
- Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
- Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how the Field Specialist, Oncology – Denver and Salt Lake City role will make an impact:
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Meet or exceed performance objectives and goals assigned by the Company.
- Develop account profiles and business plans to position FULPHILA™, OGIVRI™ and future Oncology products appropriately in the oncology marketplace. Execute a high level of clinical and product acumen for appropriate positioning of FULPHILA™ and OGIVRI™ and future Oncology products.
- Identify appropriate key physicians, health care providers and organizations within assigned territory. Develop and maintain relationships in appropriate prospects and accounts with pertinent staff.
- Represent Mylan Oncology products in a manner consistent with Mylan ethics, policies and compliance expectations at all times. Comply with all legal/regulatory guidelines of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, OIG guidelines, and all other applicable federal and state regulations.
- Foster teamwork and communication in a high intensity, fast paced environment, where the best interests of patients and Mylan are prioritized.
- Develop and apply a solid understanding of appropriate reimbursement, contracting and finance issues associated with Oncology/biosimilar medications.
- Participate in organizing and facilitating appropriate discussions around product, access, and reimbursement information in line with the company’s policies, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Operate independently and with urgency daily.
- Understand and breakdown complex Oncology matrix accounts to ensure proper strategic focus and planning.
- Apply superior consultative skills including planning, probing, challenging, aligning, and follow-up.
- Plan, budget and execute resources provided by the Company appropriately, including exhibits, speaker programs, patient support programs, executive visits, as well as coordination of National Account Director and Key Account Director/Manager activities. Represent Company at trade shows, attend Company meetings, training programs and functions as needed.
- Analyze the designated territory to understand prescribing and purchasing decision processes and any marked differences from national trends. Recognize changes in the work environment, develop and implement alternate plans to achieve objectives, and modify call plan/business plan activities accordingly and appropriately.
- Maintain detailed understanding of payer dynamics, including medical benefit reimbursement. Provide clear knowledge of contract and rebate dynamics on Oncology market landscape with an ability to communicate in line with the Company’s policies, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Respond appropriately and in accordance with Company polices to all customer requests in a timely, reliable manner with information that is consistent with the request.
- Perform all administrative tasks requested in a timely, accurate and truthful manner.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical experience. Oncology experience strongly preferred. Existing relationships within the Oncology community strongly desired. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Must possess demonstrated business acumen, account management skills and ability to facilitate 1:1 interactions that are two-way dialogues that are meaningful, relevant and persuasive. Ability to work independently and as a team member to deliver results required. Self-starter, highly motivated and strong leadership skills required. Documented history of successful performance required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and listening skills. Ability to learn, apply and communicate the needs of the business required. Ability to travel and must live within geography of responsibility or within reasonable driving distance required (no relocation offered). Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required.
- Must possess solid and appropriate clinical, product, and reimbursement knowledge, along with financial acumen knowledge. Solid understanding of appropriate reimbursement, contracting and finance issues associated with Oncology/biosimilar medications preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence. Ability to work with managers or directors and communicate ambiguous concepts. Ability to present to groups across the organization.
- Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
- May be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms. Light lifting requirements. Periodic travel is required.
- Remote field based position. Ability to travel up to 75% by vehicle and airplane that will require the ability to lift and carry personal items/laptop/miscellaneous (30 pounds minimum).
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
Viatris is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.