Surgical Technologist, Cardiac Surgery
*All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA*
We are currently seeking candidates who are interested in an exciting career in Cardiac Surgery. With the expansion of the new Heart and Lung Institute opening in 2022, we are seeking experienced Surgical Technologists who are looking for a challenging career on our exclusive Cardiac Surgery team.
We know that our ability to provide the highest level of care begins with our incredible staff. Because of this, we provide unique benefits like free concierge services to run your errands while you work and well-being support through on-demand resources, as well as excellent retirement options and core benefits. Financial benefits are important too, and outside base compensation we provide relocation bonuses if you are moving to our wonderful community.
In your role, you will:
- Gather and prepare instruments, equipment, medications and supplies for each case and according to doctors' preference cards.
- Establish and maintain sterile field and surgical aseptic technique.
- Assist in transporting and preparing the patient for surgical procedure (i.e. shaving, positioning and draping).
- Perform first scrub functions and procedures in the majority of surgical procedures performed at the facility.
- Assist the surgeon and surgical team by passing instruments, sutures, medications and/or supplies as appropriate.
- High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) or Completion of a CMC Approved Individualized Education
- Plan (IEP) Certificate required
- Graduate of a recognized Surgical Technology Program preferred
- 6 months of Surgical Technologist experience or graduation from a recognized Surgical Technology Program required
Licenses and Certifications
- BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required
Click HERE to learn more about our awesome benefits offerings as well!
Please note: Per the CDPH order, all healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved exemption and test regularly.
Please note: If any bonuses are noted, they are only applicable to external hires and those candidates meeting current bonus requirements.