Reports to: District Manager
Supervises: 1-5 employees, supervises entire on-site staff (i.e., Leasing Coordinator, Leasing Consultant(s), Maintenance and Groundskeepers, Housekeepers, etc.)
Wage Status: Salary/Exempt
Founded in 2007, Impact Communities is a full-service, multi-family real estate firm that delivers highly specialized Property Management Services focused primarily on Manufactured Housing. The principals of Impact Communities have over 20 years experience in the Manufactured Housing industry and are widely recognized as one of the most successful in the industry. As an affordable housing option to apartment living, Impact believes that every family deserves to have the opportunity for home ownership and to live in a supportive and safe community with their own yard. Our employees work hard each day to ensure we are making an Impact for those that choose to call one of our communities their home.
The Community Manager is fully accountable for all day to day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property. Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment. Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.). Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to be friendly and professional under all circumstances. Persons in this position must be able to:
- Participate in training to comply with new or existing laws.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner always throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with policies and expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
Job Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.).
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment, handle petty cash and all funds.
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to software System accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted in a timely manner.
- Lead emergency team for community. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., severe weather, emergency, etc.).
- Consistently implements polices of the community.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems. Document appropriately, communicate situation to supervisor, Human Resources Director,
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments/homes.
- Ensure that homes and market ready apartments are walked daily and communicate any service-related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Responsible for marketing available homes for rent or sale, and following Community marketing requirements.
- Ensure sales/occupancy goals are met for the community; meet with prospects, show homes, complete leasing and finance paperwork.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years on-site as a Leasing Consultant and/or Assistant Community Manager; will consider 3 years supervisory experience in a customer service-related field.
- Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Must possess and maintain valid Drivers License and employment is contingent upon a successful background screening.
Persons in this position work primarily indoors in a well-lighted and temperature-controlled environment. Persons in this position may be required to travel for training and other activities either by car or air transportation.
Persons in this position must be able to sit for extensive periods, walk intermittently, bend, stoop and or climbs stairs occasionally during the day. Persons in this position must possess normal hearing and vision to disseminate information with or without an aide as well as perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time, exempt position. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday 8a.m. to 5 p.m. plus the first Saturday of each month.
- Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary, including weekends and holidays.
- Weekend hours may be assigned based on vacant inventory numbers.
- Must be prepared to respond and participate in off-hour events and emergencies, as needed.
Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Your employment at Impact MHC Management, LLC will be at-will, meaning that either you or Impact MHC Management, LLC can end that relationship at any time, with or without cause or notice. If your employment is terminated, you will promptly return all petty cash, credit card, records, equipment, documents, etc., involved in running the district. While managing the district, you will agree to obey all federal and state laws and abide by the Company policies.
Impact MHC Management is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, or physical or mental disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the positon is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).