Sampson Regional Medical Center is hiring a Phlebotomist to join the Laboratory team!
This is a PRN position working as needed. The selected candidate will register patients using Lab Outreach, scan laboratory documents into the EMR, obtain specimens (blood, urine, feces, microbiological specimens) from patients, utilizing appropriate techniques and maintains integrity of specimen according to established procedures, collect blood samples by capillary, arterial and venipuncture. Additional responsibilities include transports, receives, centrifuges, aliquots, and distributes specimens, submits specimens to reference lab and maintains reference lab system and files, maintains supply inventory and received and distributes incoming supplies and provide care to patients of all age categories.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of phlebotomy training program
- 1 year of college with courses in mathematics and biology preferred
- National Certification as a Phlebotomy Technician preferred
- Computer skills and knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
Your Health, Our Passion!