Responsible for all areas of eyewear production. Digital surfacing, conventional surfacing, lens finishing, customer service, data entry, inventory control and quality assurance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate optical machines and equipment
- Use optical lab instruments to verify lens power, thickness and quality
- Use of optical tools to fabricate, assemble and repair eyewear
- Performs machine and equipment calibration
- Electronic processing of work orders
- Inventory management and verification
- Determine and select lenses needed to complete work order
- Restocking of lens inventory
- Assist with periodic physical inventory
- Multi-task to cover more than one station or work area
- Maintain proper job flow
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED
- Requires basic computer skills
- Previous optical experience preferred
- Must have ability to stand for long periods of time and lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to work with small hand tools
- Works in Henry Ford OptimEyes optical lab.
- Works evening and weekend hours as required.