Come join the Mid-West Forge team! We are a Tier 1 supplier to both the automotive and truck industries. Opportunities exist to start or continue your career with a longstanding Cleveland based, family owned, world class manufacturing company dedicated to its employees and customers.
We are currently looking for Utility Operators to join us full time.
Summary: This position performs general labor in the roles of Helper, Rack Person, Hook-Up, and Extrusion Loader. General responsibilities include cleaning work area, machines, tools, and equipment; following all safety and plant rules and regulations; and performing other duties as assigned.
Helpers assist Operators with:
- pulling heaters after stoppages
- steam cleaning die holders
- returning pieces to the line
- hooking up steel bundles, clearing pit jams, and emptying trash
- guide the completed 1st end from conveyor to rack, keeping ends in a regimented order
- assist operators pulling tools, setting up, and checking each rack has appropriate bar code tags
- examine each part to ensure it conforms to company and customer specifications
- verifies all bundles have proper tagging
- chains up steel bundles and racks of parts to guide them to next step in production
- provides the bar code tag informing the operator when a different heat or part number is in place
- maintains all bins and floor free of loose wood and debris
- loads the coater, the press rack, and cycle push buttons
- operates the pallet conveyor
- ensures heat changes are communicated and not mixed
- verifies material has proper tagging and watches for material conditions not suited to run through the coater
- assists in the setup of the press, cleans tooling, and makes sure the cutter is in repair, ready for use
- runs sonic reject pieces
The successful candidate must also possess the following qualifications:
- previous manufacturing experience (highly preferred)
- a strong work ethic
- strong mechanical aptitude: satisfactory completion of Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test required
- ability to safely operate an overhead crane
- ability to use measuring devices
- ability to walk or stand most of the day
- regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- climb and work at heights up to 16 feet
- High School diploma or GED preferred
In addition to an excellent wage and a generous benefits package, Mid-West Forge offers career growth in a team oriented work environment.
Mid-West Forge is an Equal Opportunity Employer.