Quality Assurance Coordinator and Underwriter
This position evaluates the work processed by the Enrollment Team to ensure accuracy and compliance is being met per Carrier specifications and internal procedures. They will be responsible for reporting, training and auditing of the Enrollment Teams output; as well as review employer group insurance offers in order to make independent medical underwriting decisions.
Responsibilities & Functions:
- Review, Examine and/or conduct quality audits on all Examiners
- Review Employer offers and enrollment applications for Simplified Issue.
- Acquire a working knowledge of supporting sections of the underwriting department.
- Complete Outsourcing file reviews.
- Complete monthly employee audits as identified by the insurance carrier and provide a scorecard
- Work with Contact Center Leadership team on time sensitive customer responses and customer complaints (Including review of Department of Insurance responses).
- Attend Training and Enrollment Meetings that are scheduled by Customer Contact Centers leadership and training team.
- Help identify, document and communicate best practices within the department for quality and underwriting.
- Become familiar with company policies, manuals, forms, and endorsements in order to understand their meaning and use.
- Interprets, implements and reviews quality assurance standards to client specification and regulations. Compiles data and reports meaningful statistical data summarizing quality assurance findings.
- Provide internal support to Enrollment, Account Management and the Customer Contact Center, in accordance with internal quality specifications. Report concerns to Enrollment Manager in a confidential manner, driving to uncover if training is required as part of corrective action.
- Identify new hire and next skill level training needs and work with Corporate Trainer to ensure successful roll out of information.
- Enrollment daily, weekly, monthly reporting.
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure logs, reports, and metrics associated with external customer satisfaction and retention is achieved.
- Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with company philosophy and procedures in order to make underwriting decisions
- Proficient in use of email (Outlook) and internet research
- Knowledge of relevant software application: Microsoft -Word, Excel (mail merge experience)
- Keyboard skills/ data entry-50 WPM minimum
- Ability to organize data, multi-task and make decisions independently
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Organization and Planning Must be able to work effectively and accurately to meet departmental deadlines.
- Detail oriented - Must be able to detect errors and problems and communicate properly.
- Prioritizing Demonstrates ability to work on items that are assigned with specific time standards
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Prior medical underwriting experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Operate computer and keyboard; able to use phone; sit for long periods; communicate using speech, hearing and vision skills.
- Move in a chair, twisting to gather documents from desk and lifting papers and items up to 25lbs.
Selman & Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Selman & Company is an at-will employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.