Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $90 billion. Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,576 ATMs; telephone banking centers 800-KEY2YOU® (800-539-2968); and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day.
About the Job
Perform financial analysis and prepare underwriting documents to support the structuring of complex multimillion-dollar Leveraged Finance credit requests, including LBOs, divided recapitalizations, go privates and material acquisitions for private equity-owned businesses.
Essential Job Functions
Obtain and participate in the analysis of all necessary documentation including, all credit agreements, pledges and collateral and assures that the documentation correctly reflects rates, terms and special conditions.
- Model future financial performance of prospective client, including down-side scenarios.
- Prepare thorough credit underwriting identifying industry concerns, focus issues, weaknesses and mitigants, market share trends, financial trends and other pertinent underwriting issues.
- Manage approvals regarding lending commitments, amendments and waivers to credit facilities, as well as monitor and report to senior Credit Risk Executives the financial performance of portfolio companies.
- Ensure that all documentation is accurate and properly maintained.
- Prepare white papers on assigned industry segments.
- Monitor accounts to determine liquidity, earnings trends, management capability and other essential information to secure the bank's position to minimize potential losses.
- Identify potential problem accounts and work with our Asset Recovery Group to improve the bank's position in undesirable situations.
- Conducts periodic site visits to assess management, business conditions and build rapport with accounts.
- Attend management presentations for potential new LBO underwriting opportunities.
- Maintain client Credit Relationships.
- Assist Investment Bankers/Relationship Managers in structuring transactions.
- Work closely with outside counsel.
- BA in finance, business, economics or related field. MBA preferred.
- At least 7 years of large (sales in excess of $250 million) corporate, commercial or investment banking loan structuring plus 2-4 years of Leveraged Finance experience.
- Strong competence in Financial Modeling, including Leveraged Cash Flow modeling
- Strong data gathering skills
- Industry Knowledge
- Product Knowledge
- Ability to Leverage/maintain Internal Data Systems and Technology
- Ability to Communicate Professionally and Competently
-Logical format/credit agreement
- Competency with Microsoft office suite and other applications
Careers at Key
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
127 Public Square
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH