Requisition Number: SENIO03861
The bottom line:
Are you the type of person who like to work on puzzles and brain teasers? Would you enjoy working in a team-oriented environment?
Senior Network Engineer:
The Senior Network Engineer serves as a primary expert in the networking space including routers, switches, hubs, etc. Designs and oversees implementation of complex network solutions. Works with management to define and maintain a multi-year networking strategy and roadmap based on business needs.
- Plans, designs, and coordinates the various components of an enterprise network system
- Consults with users and program management conducting information assessments to determine user needs and to define network solutions to meet user requirements
- Designs and configures an enterprise environment with appropriate hardware, operating systems software, applications software, and communications components to support business requirements
- Performs installation, maintenance, upgrade, testing, and support
- Conducts research and development in network systems and related technologies
- Establishes methods and procedures for use of the network systems including hardware, software, and communications devices
- Works with other information technology team to ensure the network environment is consistent with the agency objectives and is compatible with existing applications and security requirements
- Leads the effort in monitoring, supporting, and maintaining the organization’s security posture
- Coordinates and ensures the standard implementation of policies, procedures and systems operations with support personnel
- Writes and/or maintains up-to-date documentation for network software and operational procedures
- Develops hardware configuration plans for network systems
- Reassesses the effectiveness of network hardware, software, and communications performance
- Ensures network equipment and software is meeting the needs of the business
- Evaluates and recommends network software and hardware for the enterprise
- Analyzes and resolves network hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes
- Monitors the hardware to ensure it is properly maintained
- Coordinates with management for the acquisition of and contracting for hardware, software, and information technology services (including maintenance)
- Conducts on-going network system audits to evaluate the utility and efficiency of the networks hardware, software, and communications components and the effectiveness in meeting management information needs
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key network vendors and business partners
- Develops and maintains disaster recovery procedures for the network and network resources
- Performs related work as required
Who we are:
As a company, we are JACK Entertainment in case you couldn’t scroll up, we are a recognized leader in the gaming and hospitality industry and a champion for good in the community. We believe in making the company a great place to work and play! We make it easy to join the fun, strive to amaze always, frequently challenge the status quo and regularly let our team members know they make a difference.
We strive to provide an amazing work environment, with lots of awesome team members, and a pretty relaxed atmosphere.
PERKS AND BENEFITS FOR BEING A TEAM MEMBER AT JACK:
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Free Parking
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Discounted Team Member Meals
- Education Assistance up to $3,600 a year
- 401(k) Savings Plan and Match
- Health and Safety Mandates Strictly Enforced
- Paid Breaks
THE SMALL DETAILS:
There are a couple of things that we need from you to make sure you’re the right candidate:
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of networking experience including design and administration. Experience with Cisco networking devices, Experience in an enterprise computing environment.
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Ohio Casino Control Commission (OCCC) Casino Gaming Employee License and Ohio Lottery Commission (OLC) Casino Gaming License