Apply from inside the Univar IT network Apply from outside of the Univar IT network
Title: Sales Account Manager - LMWF
Cleveland, OH, US, 44149
Company: Univar Solutions USA
Requisition ID: 11509
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Sales Account Manager – LMWF (Lubricants and Metalware)
Univar serves a diverse set of end markets and regions around the world in a number of focus industries, such as personal care, food ingredients, oil & gas, and pharma ingredients. We focus on population-driven industries with attractive, long-term growth trends. Our global reach provides our customers unparalleled connectivity to ensure they have a single source for all of their chemical needs.
Univar's industry teams are responsible for product management, account management, program marketing, and communications within each market. We identify product and technology trends as well as provide technical support and market insights to create specific programs and solutions for our customers. Our global reach allows us to operate where our customers are, in markets large and small.
We currently are looking for competitive, consultative sales professionals for a Sales Account Manager focusing on the LMWF industry.
As a Sales Account Manager for LMWF, you will:
- Build profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
- Employ a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Enhance Univar USA's position within each corporate account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account.
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of your territory.
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline.
- Grow size of territory in accordance with Univar targets.
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer.
- Set pricing and service levels, as well as maintain and coordinate customer quotations or provide necessary information to allow local branches to do so.
- Coordinate with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to insure proper inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly as needed to insure local Univar USA employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Serve as initial contact for international chemical distribution opportunities.
- Build effective customer relationships through business calls and effective customer interaction.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues.
Qualifications required for consideration:
- 5+ years of experience in a sales position with a proven track record of success
- Bachelor's degree (Technical Science, Chemistry preferred)
- Possess extensive technical and business acumen in the focused industry (specify)
- Experience with longer sales cycles or cyclical projects
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team player
- Demonstrated competitive drive for results
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to achieve goals
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling
The ideal candidate would reside in either the Northern Ohio or Western PA area. The current sales territory includes North East Ohio, Western, PA and Western NY.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.