Inspects and performs preventive maintenance and repairs on refrigeration systems and associated equipment.
- Regularly inspects, diagnoses, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs refrigeration/air conditioning systems and associated equipment to include: refrigerators, freezers, walk-in coolers, medical and process chillers, cooling equipment, cryogenic freezers, and rooftop heating/cooling units.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/electronic controls and solid state microprocessors, and system alarms.
- Repairs refrigerant leaks, evacuates and adjusts refrigerant charges as required.
- Work may occasionally be assigned across multiple Cleveland Clinic locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate Degree in Environmental Technology from an accredited school is preferred.
- State of Ohio EPA approved certificate for either Type I AND Type II OR Universal refrigerant systems service.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Four years of experience as a commercial air conditioning refrigeration technician.
- Possess the ability to read electrical schematic diagrams.
- Work within a hospital setting preferred.
- Formal vocational classroom study in refrigeration, air conditioning and or air handling may substitute for up to one year experience.
- Typical physical demands require full body motion including ability to perform work while bending, stooping, stretching and climbing ladders.
- Requires dexterity and strength sufficient to operate required tools and machinery; typically required to lift and carry machinery and/or equipment weighing 25 to 100 lbs. and/or assist with lifting weights exceeding 100 lbs.
- Requires color acuity sufficient to distinguish color-coded signage and systems.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities