Requisition Number: LOSSC01491
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Loss Control Representative to join our team in Ohio. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would describe themselves as driven, self-directed, personable, enthusiastic and detailed.
- A four-year degree in safety and health, risk management, insurance or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business of insurance
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of OSHA, NFPA, DOT, etc.
- Demonstrated exposure knowledge and application of controls specific to general liability, commercial auto, property and products liability
- Working knowledge of industry processes, hazards, and controls
- Strong computer, time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support to underwriting, insureds, agencies and claims
- Effectively evaluate risks’ exposures and controls and effectively report findings to underwriting for acceptability and pricing considerations
- Provide consultative services to risks via phone, email or on-site visitations to effectively reduce claim frequency and severity
- Build and maintain professional networks with underwriters, claims and policyholders utilizing regular and effective communication practices
- Manage workload in assigned territory, including scheduling of risk surveys, providing loss reducing service and resources and completing assigned projects.