Works on a dedicated scrum team to assure projects meet quality standards by planning, designing and executing appropriate test plans. Participates in estimating user stories, daily stand ups, and sprint planning sessions. Collaborates with the Product Owner (PO) to write acceptance criteria. Collaborates with developers on continuous user story delivery with fast feedback loops. Enforces the Definition of Done. Participates in sprint demos.
Responsible for directing and monitoring the work of other QA team members. Leads the development and usage of the IT Quality Assurance (QA) team across the entire organization.
- Provides leadership for the planning, designing and execution of the test approach based on the review of business requirements and application design.
- Executes assigned tests and accurately documents results following and established test plan. Directs the creation of the test scripts and the test data. Performs retesting as needed.
- Maintains active awareness of IT Industry including new developments, emerging trends, development tools, QA techniques and best practices.
- Identifies opportunities for system development and testing process improvements.
- Assists in the creation, collection, measurement and reporting of relevant quality assurance metrics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of software quality assurance experience.
- Experience with test automation preferred.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment:
- Experience creating, executing, and maintaining automated regression tests.
Required Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Advanced understanding of technologies including distributed, web, and mobile.
- Advanced understanding of software development methodologies (Agile)
- Strong project management skills with the ability to plan and prioritize work across multiple projects.
- Strong understanding of business processes.
Preferred Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Gherkin
- Experience with mobile applications and mobile device testing
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.