Economic Analyst I or Economist Analyst II
The Research Department conducts policy analysis, produces academic research, and provides long-term strategic thinking on issues related to monetary policy, the national economy, and the region. The Research Department at the Cleveland Fed seeks an Economic Analyst to contribute to the Research Department’s mission by: (i) directly supporting the external communications of the Bank president; (ii) conducting independent and directed research under the guidance of Bank management and in collaboration with Bank economists for internal publications, external publications, and outreach; and (iii) taking on targeted research projects used to support policy briefings for the Bank’s President before meetings of the Federal Open Market Committee.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to “Protected Individuals“ as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, finance, or computer science; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5 years of work-related research experience
- Strong knowledge of monetary policy, macroeconomics, and U.S. data series
- Knowledge of econometrics and/or statistics packages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must be “Protected Individuals.” Protected individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe.
- Determination of the individual’s position title will be commensurate with their level of expertise.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (related to economics or finance)
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation.