Operates and monitors consoles, printers, duplication machines, and other peripheral equipment (which includes bindery machines). Identifies and resolves hardware and software problems with the assistance of senior level operators if necessary. Resolves production problems, completes customer requests and adheres to the Digital Document Services process and procedures. Performs bindery functions by crafting products from various size sheets. Produces professional communication products that support the corporation’s needs in an efficient and timely manner while tracking the job completion date, destination, materials used and labor time via computer entries in the job tracking software.
- Operates consoles, printers, duplication machines, and other peripheral equipment (which includes bindery machines) according to procedures and the directions of the Manager to ensure the highest equipment utilization. Interprets console messages and initiates appropriate actions. Performs bindery operations, both hand and mechanical, to provide a professional product. Sets up and operates all bindery equipment to ensure that user requirements are met.
- Executes an outlined program to learn the functions of the document service area from senior level technicians. Interprets console messages and initiates appropriate actions. Notifies senior level technicians of unfamiliar console messages and equipment or print problems. Maintains a technical understanding of all hardware and software. Uses a computer for job tracking, bindery shipping and other company driven tasks.
- Generates service calls as required to ensure timely resolution of discrepancies and problems. Accurately conveys information to management, support staff, customers, and vendors.
- Selects appropriate output forms to protect the integrity of production output files and reports.
- Performs established maintenance procedures when prompted or required by machine. Provides input and completes daily turnover logs.
- Remains aware of the status of all peripheral equipment activities.
- Maintains adequate stock supply and tracks stock orders on a weekly basis.
- Maintains all data processing distribution lists to ensure customers receive their documents on a timely basis.
- Logs and separates all input/output (I/O) reports for distribution to customer departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year working in a digital printing operations environment.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Intermediate understanding of computer systems (hardware and software).
- Knowledge in bindery, stich, cutting, and heat seal devices.
- Knowledge in document management systems – such as distribution packages.
- Experience with CICS, MVS, and JES2 preferred.
- Lift Truck certification license required.
- Towmotor operator license preferred.
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.