Custodian - Lexington Village
The Millenia Companies is seeking a Custodian. The Custodian is responsible for the overall upkeep of the property’s public areas, common areas, exteriors, vacant units, model units, floor care, and trash removal. The Custodian also assists with litter pick-up, sidewalk cleaning, snow removal, and maintenance and cleaning duties. The position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor (on properties with over 300 units) or Property Manager (On properties with less than 300 units).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Read and carry out work orders and requests promptly, thoroughly, and efficiently.
- Carry out cleaning schedules and functions.
- Performs necessary inspections of exteriors, units, equipment, and systems to determine cleaning needed.
- Performs necessary inspections of grounds, parking, and fields to determine work needed.
- Perform a variety of groundskeeping functions.
- Record work, cleaning, and improvements performed.
- Inventory, care for and maintain cleaning products, equipment, materials, and other supplies owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Report unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Diagnose issues, replace, or repair parts, test and adjust, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Perform a variety of cleaning functions.
- Apply chemicals.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools in performing duties.
- Operate and comply with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times. Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Maintain the required uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and courteous attitude at all times.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated.
- This position requires regular and predictable attendance as an essential function of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent.
- One year of experience working in maintenance, custodial, or groundskeeping role in any industry preferred.
- Ability to read the English language sufficiently to understand written work orders and instructions is required.
- Possess basic troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify and repair defective system components.
- Must be willing and able to travel. Generally, travel commitments are 1-3 days maximum; however, they may occur weekly.
- Excellent communication skills are critical, including verbal and written.
- Must possess superior customer service, communication, and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, propose workable solutions, and implement corrective actions in all situations.
- Able to influence effectively; gain support for new ideas and approaches across multiple stakeholders with varying agendas and shifting priorities
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and business operations.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- A strong strategic and business mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in a residential setting with regular exposure to cold, heat, noise, people, and equipment
- Able to work independently or as a team member and support managers with special projects.
- Strong collaboration skills – works well across functional areas—excellent relationship-building skills; able to collaborate with various levels of the organization.
- The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Values We Seek
- Respect: Respect is shown by demonstrating a sense of self-awareness and reflecting on one's own words and actions to adapt, grow, and succeed. We embrace our differences while recognizing what brings us together.
- Collaboration: Collaboration begins with strengthening our relationships with our residents, owners, partners, and employees, relying on strong communication and a deep understanding of the values and needs of all those involved.
- Service-Focused: Understand what internal and external stakeholders value and anticipate their needs; strive to create a meaningful experience and build lasting relationships.
- Performance: Achieving exceptional performance requires us all to work on the right things at the right time and stay aligned with our business fundamentals and priorities. It also requires us to understand the business – carefully and critically analyzing our performance and metrics and weighing options and risks before making decisions.
Expected Hours of Work & Travel
- Must be able to work various shifts when needed to cover during regular business hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Travel required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is solely based on job qualifications, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Background Check Process
Employment with Millennia Housing Management, Ltd. is contingent on completing a complete background check process, including reference, pre-employment drug testing, credit, and criminal background review.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee's activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. The employee signature below constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About The Millennia Companies
Founder and Chief Executive Officer Frank T. Sinito entered the real estate business in 1985 with the purchase of a 14-unit multi-family development in Northeast Ohio, handling all aspects of property management and developing a passion for providing exemplary and caring service to residents. From this start, Sinito went on to acquire additional apartment developments, and, in 1995, he founded The Millennia Companies® (Millennia), a high-performance business enterprise that has grown to operate in a diverse set of sectors; opportunities exist in multi-family real estate development, property management, commercial real estate, hospitality and more. We invite you to thrive in your career here as we serve thousands of residents, clients, and customers throughout our dynamic group of companies.
You can make a difference at Millennia. Do you value respect, service, performance, and collaboration? These values drive our culture and success, and we recruit employees who embody them. When you join our team, you will be part of an environment that fosters growth and enables excellence. You will also meet passionate employees who work together to advance our mission and create a culture of excellence recognized by industry associations. In 2020, Millennia ranked #1 on the Affordable Housing Finance (AHF) list of Top 10 Companies Completing Substantial Rehabilitation, #4 on the AHF list of Top 50 Affordable Housing Owners, and #18 on the Multi-Housing News list of Top Developers.