Title of Job: Corporate Counsel (Full-time position)
Role Located In: Cleveland
As the industry pioneer behind Content Performance Marketing, BrightEdge has thoroughly redefined the concept of SEO. BrightEdge has developed an award-winning platform that precisely measures and optimizes content performance and ROI across all digital channels; companies can “cut the fat” and focus on producing compelling digital content that truly performs in the virtual marketplace. BrightEdge has emerged as the leading international provider of cloud-based SEO Enterprise solutions due to its dynamic and results-oriented entrepreneurial culture.
We are seeking a talented and collaborative attorney to join our dynamic team as a key business advisor. As a member of the Legal team, you will have the opportunity to fully participate and expand your expertise within a broad range of impactful areas, including sales, SaaS contracting, employment, IP strategy, and business development/corporate transactions. This is a fantastic growth opportunity for an attorney who wants to be an integral part of a rapidly growing VC-funded SaaS company that is an industry leader in marketing technology.
BrightEdge is looking for an experienced and motivated attorney to help advise on core legal functions as our Legal team’s third attorney. This position will play a critical role in all facets of the company’s commercial contracting, product, and employment initiatives, with a primary focus on supporting the global Sales and employment (HR) teams. You would assume responsibility for our agreements worldwide in support of all aspects of the business, and also partner with and provide guidance to our People team and other BrightEdge departments, as needed. You must be proactive and engaged, able to work well cross-functionally both internally and externally, excited about marketing technology and SaaS, and ready to roll your sleeves up and dig into tough legal problems to reach solutions quickly.
What you will do:
· Draft, negotiate and close customer contracts, in support of BrightEdge’s fast-moving, global Sales organization
· Research and respond to Sales team and customer inquiries concerning a broad variety of contractual matters
· Help architect BrightEdge’s commercial contracts practice by assisting with the development of a comprehensive, long-term and scalable business minded approach to BrightEdge’s contracting processes
· Structure and maintain standard form contracts, and develop and maintain state-of-the-art online terms and policies (including privacy policies)
· Collaborate with Legal and Information Security teams on worldwide data privacy and GDPR compliance
· Provide global employment advice to People/HR team and company management
What you will have:
· J.D. from top-tier law school and membership in at least one state bar (preferably OH)
· 2-4+ years of experience in commercial and technology transactions and employment law, including a combination of top-tier law firm and in-house legal experience with an Internet or technology company
· Substantial familiarity with the software-as-a-service business model and enterprise cloud computing concepts
· Strong drafting and negotiation skills on both company paper and customer paper
· Experience working under an extremely fast-paced and high-volume deal cadence
· Sound business judgment and ability to focus on important issues and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close
· Experience and familiarity with common global contracting issues
· Collaborative and engaging personality who can communicate information concisely, accurately and completely, while being digestible and understandable for non-lawyers
· Team player attitude, with a desire to provide business-focused legal support in connection with technology sales and licensing
· Ability to work independently and manage many simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
· Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
· Prior experience using Salesforce is a big plus
· Position requires some early and late day working hours to provide Legal support for EMEA and APAC
BrightEdge Technologies, Inc. (www.BrightEdge.com) is privately held and the leader in cloud-based SEO and Content Performance Marketing solutions for over 1200 enterprise, corporate, and agency customers and 9000 brands. The BrightEdge platform boosts their marketing performance by streamlining, automating, and integrating search optimization, social marketing, and content performance management capabilities for its customers. Advanced BrightEdge technology delivers visibility, executable recommendations, competitive insights, and dynamic performance metrics. With the largest technology, sales, and customer success teams in our industry, we help customers innovate and execute to achieve superior marketing performance.