Area Business Manager- Cleveland, OH
Region: Great Lakes (full region includes: Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington DC, Detroit, Cincinnati, Nashville)
Type: Full Time
Location: Field-based; exact location within territory is flexible
Requisition Number: COM19-043
At Blueprint Medicines, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
The Area Business Manager will play a critical role in establishing Blueprint Medicines commercial success as we plan to deliver our first of multiple product launches and indication expansions for patients with solid tumors, with 2 planned marketed products by 2020. He/she will be a product and disease state expert responsible for multiple product launches, establishing long-term relationships with assigned HCPs in the territory. The ABM will represent Blueprint Medicines' portfolio of precision therapies in oncology (initial focus: GIST and RET-altered cancers). This individual will report to the Regional Business Director and be a key member of an efficient, effective and highly collaborative field team.
- Apply strong clinical acumen to effectively educate on relevant products and disease states to oncologists and the broader care team in academic and community practice settings
- Exhibit a patient focused mindset while delivering educational resources and programs to assist with effective patient care
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers, involving cross-functional stakeholders as needed to manage key relationships of national and/or regional relevance
- Collaborate closely with field-based colleagues (Precision Medicine Liaisons, National Account Executives, and MSLs). Builds relationships and maintains effective communication with internal stakeholders
- Develop effective business plans aimed at achieving set objectives
- Proactively identify new opportunities and apply customer insights to develop, execute and refine approaches.
- Leverage analytical tools to understand business trends and meet or exceed target KPIs
- Represent Blueprint Medicines at congresses and local / regional medical meetings
- Ability to travel within the US on a regular basis, which may include overnight and weekend travel
- Comply with regulatory guidelines, public policies/guidelines, and corporate policies and procedures
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years' experience in biotech/ pharma sales calling on relevant specialists
- Demonstrated success across multiple drug launches in applicable specialty markets
- Strong clinical background in applicable specialties is required, oncology and/ or rare disease experience is preferred
- Understanding of oral targeted therapies with a requisite diagnostic component and ability to navigate in complex market access environments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to identify and act on creative solutions
- Ability to establish credibility, connect the dots and align multiple stakeholders to pioneer the adoption of new products, methods and technologies
- A team player able to collaborate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, gain consensus and act independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Flexibility and the ability to plan and nimbly adapt to changing market conditions
- Motivated by patient focus, urgency and personal commitment to high performance, results and compliance
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
At Blueprint Medicines Commercial, we are united by a collective urgency to bring transformative therapies from the lab to all appropriate patients. We live by the desire to innovate and do things better. Join us, and you will have the freedom to make an impact for patients.
Blueprint Medicines' mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don't think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.