Jefferson Lines has been providing scheduled service bus transportation and a full range of group travel services for over a century. Often recognized as Market Leaders in our industry for providing the most affordable, convenient and reliable bus transportation option for many rural communities; our success is greatly due to our employees and their support in “The Jefferson Way,“ which encourages good citizenship within our communities, demonstrating goodwill to others, and providing a safe and encouraging environment for all. At Jefferson Lines, you will experience a positive work environment with continuous opportunity to learn, grow, and succeed while actively participating in the service of hundreds of rural communities.
The Mason City Customer Care Agent will work closely with fellow Customer Care Agents and management to provide passengers with common questions and concerns. They will provide the #1 Bus Experience through consistent communication of policy, refunds, and travel information.
Successful candidates would be reliable, detail oriented, patient and concise, effectively problem solve, exhibit exceptional customer care abilities, and maintain a positive team-focused mentality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing passengers with a quick resolution of travel issues or questions
- Provide passengers with routing, pricing ,and customer service information via telephone and personal interaction
- Assist customers with package express services and preparations for travel
- Provide special assistance for passengers with disabilities (ADA)
- Assist drivers, management and other associates to provide on-time service and baggage transfer/handling
- Support and participate in operating a clean, friendly and safe environment for employees, passengers, and visitors
- Resolve escalated Customer Care issues or complaints in a timely and amicable way while supporting company policy
- Support company needs during seasonal or unexpected impacts to travel such as, but not limited to, Level 3 Weather
- Work on additional Customer Care initiatives as determined by the Customer Care Team
Hours and Travel:
This is a Part-Time 28 hour/week position with some evening and weekend hours required based on company demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb steps and crouch, balance, stoop, kneel and assist disabled passengers. Occasionally required to reach with hands or arms. May frequently lift or move up to 100 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Experience in customer service
- Must possess strong written, verbal, and computer skills
- Communicate effectively and professionally in escalated situations
- Multitask between multiple tools and programs, including company-specific systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Apply policy and procedure consistency and accurately
- Ability to quickly discern and problem solve
- Fast learner with a strong work ethic and positive team-oriented attitude
Education and/or experience:
High school degree or equivalent with at least 1-2 years of customer service experience
Experience in transportation industry or call center is helpful but not required