JLL is hiring a Senior Conveyor Maintenance Technician to Support Amazon's State-of-the-art distribution center in North Haven, CT!
Are you looking for your next challenge, great pay, industry leading benefits, and outstanding career progression? Then get ready to join the JLL team, supporting Amazon's distribution centers! We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada.
Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we're looking for people like you!
The Senior Conveyor Maintenance Technician (MHE II) possesses strong technical skills and has performed maintenance in industrial environments. They will support Lead Operating Engineers and Technicians to troubleshoot problems and manage outside contractors. The MHE II will help to develop plans on how to accomplish department and distribution goals.
- Maintain and troubleshoot conveyor systems and related electrical and mechanical equipment
- Maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
- Implement Preventive Maintenance programs
- Ability to maintain, and troubleshoot basic power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials
- Ability to, maintain, and troubleshoot basic relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders
- Basic knowledge of PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
- Mentor Level 1 technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
- Lift and move items up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
OPERATION SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- 4 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
- Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
- Automated conveyors systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- Knowledge of CMMS programs
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical
- Industrial controls
- Industrial Electronics
- PLC programs
- Industrial PC literacy
- Knowledge of N.E.C.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL“) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.