Recon Estimator II
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is responsible for generating accurate and timely estimates for reconditioning services offered to all internal and external auction customers. These estimates are to be generated using formats and pricing defined by management.
- Provide accurate reconditioning estimates for body, detail and mechanic (including PSI) services. Estimates will include but not be limited to, commercial, dealer, rental and retail customers as well as any lot or internal damage.
- Communicate estimates in required formats (i.e., electronic, email, written, etc.) required to meet all internal and external customer expectations.
- Work with Procurement/Purchasing staff to assure accurate pricing of parts and supplies required for estimates.
- Monitor repair status, completion timelines, transportation and customer communications related to approved reconditioning estimates, as directed by management.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of customer service experience required.
- 1 – 3 years of collision and/or mechanical estimating experience required.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Basic leadership skills preferred.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds (e.g. tools, equipment).
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.