The Housekeeper performs day-to-day housekeeping services ensuring a clean, safe, attractive and well-maintained community in accordance with all laws, regulations and Company standards.
- Adhere to confidentiality policy regarding information concerning residents and employees, HIPPA.
- Must attend all required in servicing trainings.
- Maintain guidelines by utilizing correct amount of chemicals and materials for job duties.
- Participate in room inspections (bed bug) to ensure highest quality of standards and compliance with Quality Assurance.
- Must be able to perform day-to-day housekeeping duties including dusting, vacuuming, disinfecting, polishing, emptying wastebaskets, cleaning, replenishing supplies and mopping.
- All other duties that may be required for the safety and well-being of our residents and community.
- Duties are required to be performed throughout the Community (i.e., resident apartments, therapy rooms, common areas, front lobby, offices, public restrooms, dining rooms, staff break rooms, hair salon and activity areas.) cleaning these areas based on a schedule and the needs of the residents and the community.
- Communicate with residents, associates, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions and circumstances
- Organized team player with the ability to multi-task in a team environment
- Must be knowledgeable of environmental services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing environmental services functions in an assisted living community.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
- Comply with the Residents' Rights and Community Policies and Procedures.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
Skills and Abilities
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements of your position including standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise move objects for extended periods of time.
- Must be available to work weekends, extended shift hours, holidays and on short notices.
- Tasks assigned to this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood, body fluids, Infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
- Subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day
Certificates and Licenses
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.