Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is seeking a Validation Test Engineer for our Clarksburg, Maryland office.
Thales Defense & Security, Inc., is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, and naval/maritime. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; and simulation. Further, Thales Defense & Security, Inc. serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions—such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare—to address U.S. requirements.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Yearly Incentive Bonus Program
- Generous 401K program (up to 7% company contribution) with 100% immediate vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid sick, vacation, and holiday leave
- Paid maternity, paternity, and parental leave
- Alternative work schedule during the Summer (every other Friday off)
- Serves as the Senior/Lead Engineer responsible for test and validation activities on assigned projects. Serves as a member of the team of engineers and technicians.
- Works with system engineering, project management, and development / support teams to gather engineering objectives, program information, schedules, and constraints; participates in the development of test plans, schedules, resource requirements, and communicates ongoing progress and status.
- Maintains, upholds, and improves on the project objectives and goals for subsystem and system testing.
- Implements and maintains standards and procedures for testing; applies knowledge of industry/DOD standards and best practices.
- Assists in analyzing system requirements and reviews technical product/project specifications to assess and evaluate overall test objectives, configurations, and criteria for the project. This may include complete product requirements such as hardware, firmware, documentation, licenses, etc.
- Reviews/reports all data/metrics obtained during testing activities to ensure consistency with the policies and procedures.
- Identifies and develops new approaches to solve problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 4 years of related experience or equivalent degree/experience.
- U.S. Citizenship. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- System testing in embedded communication system environment; preferred with background in RF / wireless / Software Defined Radio or Satellite communications experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with all aspects of test planning and execution including test instrumentation and setting up test environments.
- Must have solid work habits, ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment with potential for flexible work schedule.
- Experience creating and maintaining accurate test documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications – Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Experience with CM tools, in particular with the Atlassian Suite
- Move/lift/configure equipment of 40-50 pounds with or without assistance.
- Ability to setup and test equipment in an outdoor environment.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7549.